thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Picture this...

...me in a neon orange cast on my right wrist, a splint/brace on my left (that may be broken also, but I don't think so), and my elderly dog after a steroid injection left her thirsty, drinking gallons, and in need of frequent urination. She thinks outside my condo unit door is outside. It's not. It's carpeted. This last time she made it as far as the lobby, then the dam burst. Buy stocks in Bounty paper towels & Scotchguard carpet cleaner spray- their sales just shot up in SoCal.

Still, it's spring, the sun is shining, my life is opening up, and I am happy.

4 Comments:

Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

I am currently cat-sitting for a calico who likes to spit and swat my ankles. So far, no hairballs--I've been careful with her medicine. She tips her water bowl over every time I fill it. Her owner clued me in to just dropping ice cubes in and letting them melt--works well, and no tantrums. Owner also clued me in to leaving the toilet seat up. I think dear Calico drinks most of her water there.

I only have to clean the litterbox once a day, and both wrists are working. I can't complain!

Can neon orange casts be signed like the old white plaster deals? I'd sure love to scribble "get well" on yours.

Oh, and Febreze is a great product--removes ugly odors!

8:01 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Hearing the words, "I am happy" from you is music to my ears.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

Hearing that you're happy is so wonderful. I just wish better health for both you and your dog.

4:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

orange?I have black,lol.broken wrists suck and the stupid cast is so uncomfortable!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home