thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Sunday, June 04, 2006

And So It Is

My son is no longer home for the whole summer. He has decided to return to college for the second summer session, and will have left before I return from my long-planned trip to the UK later this month. But that's ok, I guess - it gives me an excuse to descend on him as only a mother can, and totally cramp his style for a few days as I check out where he will be living, and impose myself on his friends. I have not yet visited him in college, since he only started there last semester (having transferred from community college as a junior) and I am owed at least one free ride of being the pesky mama.

So
:

My son is growing up and away.
His brother has already gone.

I always said it should be thus
And so it is.

Their backs fading into the distance
As they head on out into their world.

This lone mother drops a tear of sadness
Into a flood of warmth and pride.

We are all three moving and growing
In our own worlds.

As we should be.
And so it is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Lovely. So it is, indeed.

10:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home