thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Thursday, January 08, 2009

2009

A new year, a new attitude, a new belief system - not much to ask for! But I'm working on it.

In my favorite magazine, The Sun, I came across this beautiful quote from a Buddhist monk: "If it shouldn't be this way, it wouldn't be this way." How wonderful, what a great way to encapsulate acceptance. Like so many of us, I often think that what we are sent in this life has meaning and lessons for us. I certainly grew from taking care of my son when he was hospitalized so frequently as a baby and young child. Now I think it is time to revisit that state in which I was able to accept what was sent and exist peacefully within it. I can already sense a trace of calm that was elusive before. Whether it will last, I don't know, but it is a welcome relief. Giving up the struggle and the discomfort will be a blessing, if I can achieve it. Just sitting in it, rather than striving for something different.

I never was one for New Year's resolutions, but maybe now is the time...

1 Comments:

Blogger V said...

I hope we see more, Vicky.
Hugs,
V

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home