thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Joy

Such a huge concept for three little letters.

Such depth of feeling, such breadth of experience.

Yet they are enough.

It was not without trepidation that I entered my sixth decade some 18 months or so ago. I faced financial worry. My life was at a point of stagnation. And it all seemed to be downhill from there.

Yet here I am today, experiencing the newness of the world, revisiting old friends such as curiosity and discovery, and loving it. There is an excitement in the air as I hear old songs, look at flowering jacaranda trees, exercise my body.

And so much of this is internal. I find that while the stimuli may be external, my response is very much internal, and the curiosity and discovery extend to what is within as well as what is without. I am still alive. I can still find new depths inside my body, my mind, my spirit.

I am lucky. My summer lies ahead of me to be lived through as a free woman. My work allows me these next two months or more all to myself. I am thirsty for what I have planned. My time is open and to be used as I wish, as I want, as I need. In my chest, in my gut, rises a crest of excitement and anticipation. This is my time. And I am taking it.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Go for it! All my best to you, Vicky.

8:15 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

This is wonderful. You give me hope.

9:59 PM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

Yes, you give me hope, too. I want to know that the tough time I'm in will pass. Your entry is helping me. Beth

7:52 AM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Enjoy. Breathe it in. Congratulations!

10:51 AM  
Blogger V said...

Woo Hoo!
Enjoy!
V

1:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Clomid pregnancy early signs of

8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home