thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Monday, June 19, 2006

A Trip

Tomorrow I leave for Britain. I start in Scotland, and will serve as bridesmaid to one of my oldest and very dearest friends, who is marrying for the very first time. Then it's on to England for a stay with my aging parents, and a visit with old friends and with other family. I shall not have access to the internet very much, so will be checking back when I return in early July.

I will have time to read and reflect in-between visiting, and when my parents are napping (although I may join them!), and am looking forward to the winding down time that such internal activity allows. I hope that some creative regeneration will occur, but if not, then so be it. I shall read, and write, and think. Mmmm.

8 Comments:

Blogger beths front porch said...

Oh Vicky, have a wonderful, wonderful trip. How lovely to get away and have the opportunity to reflect, to bask in a friend's joy...ok, may I enjoy vicariously? Bon voyage, my friend. I'll miss you!

5:12 PM  
Blogger Cynthia said...

I hope your trip is wonderful and safe, and that you have plenty of time to reflect, restore and create. And I do expect to hear about it when you get back!

7:51 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Godspeed.
Enjoy. Peace.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Oh, I wish I'd seen this sooner. Have a truly wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!

7:17 PM  
Blogger V said...

Aww, V. I`m sorry I missed you but have a wonderful visit.

I`m just gettin` over a touch of pneumonia and am just makin` my rounds finally!

Hugs,
( V )

1:19 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

So you must be practically on your way back by now! Hope you had a wonderful time. I enjoyed your e-mail from Scotland. You sounded happy.

1:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» » »

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... No ad spyware removal electric chair manufacturer sex toys chevrolet dealers Old remedies for knee pain relief Debt consolidation loans bad credit

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home