thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Friday, September 08, 2006

It's late...

... and I have to be up in less than five hours and I can't sleep and my mind is full. So I came to write. Yet this busting mind seems incapable of spilling any meaningful content onto the page. What's up with that? asks the ever-present inner editor. Any words that do squirm out look like those baby rats I referenced a few months ago, so there appears to have been little progress. Puling they are. So I stop again, but I know this is not the way. The way is to punch through it and keep writing until it does develop some meaning (and maybe grow whiskers and a long tail). But not at 12:40 a.m when I have a 7:00 a.m. meeting tomorrow. Today. Oh my, I do find good excuses not to write, don't I?

But I am to attend my writing workshop next weekend. Miracles will happen. The floodgates will be flung open and a torrent of prose and poetry will gush from my hitherto locked loins. Or something like that.

I'm off to hit the hay again, in the hope that the birthing of the baby rats was enough to quiet the mind.

6 Comments:

Blogger Theresa Williams said...

I hope your workshops do fling open those gates.

9:19 AM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

Vicky, your entries sound invigorating and full of energy! I long for more. Longing to hear about the writing workshops....

7:58 AM  
Blogger Erin Berger Guendelsberger said...

Maybe the workshop will be just the food those baby rats need to grow healthy and strong! :-)

9:13 AM  
Blogger V said...

Here`s hoping the Workshop helped!
V

1:25 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

Hope you'll post here soon about your experiences at Esalen!

3:08 PM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

I am missing you and your entries!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home