thinkingaboutit

Thoughts from time to time, loosely linked to writing and/or the arts. A place to connect with like-minded folks.

Name:
Location: Southern California, United States

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

It's been a long time...

... since I posted, or even since I visited blogland. I returned from Britain almost two weeks ago, yet have not felt moved to stop by, and am not sure why, but finally here I am.

Haven't written much either, too many experiences rumbling around in my head. And not a lot of quiet time. Or maybe too much. And it's damn hot!!

I want to write about a conversation I had with an old friend, wherein we each discovered something new about our relationship in high school. I want to write about my mother, older, more confused, almost completely immobile. I want to write about how I feel I no longer belong in the country of my birth. I want to write about my summer and my joy at returning to my home in the US.

There are days when the words just flow. There are others (such as now) when they desert me and I feel like I am walking through a sterile tundra, searching in vain for some sign of fertility. It's a mindset, I think. Even now, as I write about it, I feel some loosening. This is a good thing. I think that maybe up ahead there is some greenery, and I want to investigate. I'm off, and hope to return soon with something more than these vague meanderings.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cynthia said...

I'm glad you're back. It sounds like there's a lot going on inside your head. It may just need to ferment awhile before you're ready to write about it. Take care.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Theresa Williams said...

You said: "Even now I feel some loosening." Creative activity begets more creative activity. Don't wait too long. Writing will help you to sort it out. Meanwhile, let's enjoy the freedom of the rest of summer!

6:56 PM  
Blogger Vicky said...

Yep, I went off and wrote a poem I quite like!

Vicky

7:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back. Good luck in the greenhouse with the seeds; may they flower soon.
*debbi*

10:21 PM  
Blogger Paula J. Lambert said...

Welcome 'home'--glad you're safe and well. Missed ya!

7:45 AM  
Blogger beths front porch said...

Vicky, I'm happy to see you are back. I wondered about you and your trip. Looking forward to future entries - love it that you wrote a poem ;-)

5:29 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

C'mon, Vicky...when I got back from Scotland, you couldn't shut me up.

7:51 PM  
Blogger Gannet Girl said...

Welcome home!!!!! I'm so glad I stopped by and found you back.

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. free anime ringtones for cingular lg c1300 Free v400 ringtones Battery powered nail gun Lexus es300 tailight lens price merengue ring tones Ringtones for motorola v180 Conferencing systems

2:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home